Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My DIY Art Thanks To LIttle Green Notebook

A little while back I was super inspired by this DIY art by Jenny at Little Green Notebook.  She always has amazing art in her home at a fraction of the price you would expect her to pay.  So I decided to take her tutorial and get busy at Casa McGrath.  


Step one to find a location - Easy! Enter blank wall that was feeling pretty bland.  I loved having the mirror sit over the teak console but every time I looked at it it would annoy me as it wasn't popping as much as I wanted it to! 

Next step was to find some artistic inspriation.  I loved this trellis fabric swatch I had but it was no where big enough to use as a wall hanging.  So I found a trusty scrap booking paper from Etsy, saved it to my USB and had a A1 blueprint printed out for $4.  Yes that's right $4!  The sales assistant was hesitant to print it as it would only come out in grey scale and with some pixilation but I love the line variation and colour. 

The last step was to put up my print and then style the space adding in other elements that brighten up the space.  Of course, the bar tray came back out and I included a pastel love print for a bit of light colour relief.

Voila!  So thanks to Jenny and her brilliant idea which has totally transformed our dining space. I love the pop of pattern and the colour palate works perfectly in our home.  So I'm curious - would you do something like this in your home? 

 
PS - A big hello to all the LGN readers who have popped over.  You are too kind!  Feel free to like me on Facebook for more fun updates or check out some other home decorating goodness here.

No comments:

Post a Comment